People Who Read My Blog Worldwide!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

In A Perfect World...

Today, I gave my 11th grade students the task of creating their own country. They had to write an essay and describe how their country would be governed, what the name would be, what it would produce, and other various important geographical facts. I was very impressed with all of them, so I thought I'd share my favorite three essays (don't tell the others!). Enjoy!

My country is very big. It is in Europe-south Europe. It is called Romiland. Romiland was born in 1989 and is 23 years old. My country is very beautiful. Romiland has beautiful nature. The most beautiful country. A king is in charge. Romiland is a very rich country. The people haven't any problems. All people have a good job. the laws are very good. If people don't listen to laws he goes to prison for 20 years. The laws is, don't have a gun on yourself, don't smoking in a cafe, hotels and other places. Romiland produces many vegetables and other products. The king of government is very big and people listen to only him!!!
- by Georgi

I've a country and I'm so happy I got it. It's in a big, beautiful ocean, called Puppy. It's one of the smallest countries in the whole world. Its name is Squishy. The name is given by little jellyfish. Squishy is about 2,000,000,000 years old. It is the most crowded country ever. The population is about over a 2,000,000,000 people. The average amount of people in one house there are ten or more people. I'm in charge of this country and i'm the queen of it. the currency is pounds and the people are really rich. The average payment for each person is 1,000 pounds. My country produces olives, the biggest olives ever. The big olives in my country is like one two-car garage. Some of the laws of the country are: Everyone who is guilty goes to the prison for 20 years no matter what the crime is. The people aren't allowed to use weapons, like pistols, knives, and so on.
-by Stela

Gordalia is the oldest country in the world. It was created by the richest and prettiest guy in the universe. His name is Gordan Nenkovski. The country is ruled 'til that moment from its creator. Gordalia is also the biggest country, it's on two continents, Gordup and Gordalson. The two continents with biggest reserve of natural resources. The currency in that country is Gords. One Gord is about 21 euro and 30 dollars. Gordalia holds 92% of all of the world produce of petrol, diamonds, gold, cotton, automobiles, planes, corn and it's on first place also of everything else with 73% of the produce. The death penalty is still in effect so don't try to steal or kill anything. The ruler is the biggest metal fan, so every Friday and Saturday there is a concert. In Fridays, there's an underground gig, in Saturday, there are the legends. The ruler pays for all the concerts, so anyone can go, but you have Gords to buy a beer. The percent of the unemployed is about 0.0000001 which is the kids from 0-3 years. In the end- NO ONE SHOULD MESS WITH GORDALIA!
-by Gordy

I don't know about you guys, but it looks to me like these guys have got it all figured out. Today was a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment